Re: [OM] Reformation attempt - #1

Subject: Re: [OM] Reformation attempt - #1
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2020 21:21:28 -0800
On 11/23/2020 5:58 PM, Wayne Shumaker wrote:
A nice image for the desert starved.

You do quite well when you engage mood. Sometimes paying homage to the light gods can
also help. In Zen we have a saying, "things as it is", from Shunryu Suzuki
roshi. Seeing things as it is.

Today's quote:

The way we think of and perceive the world is mistaken. Our consciousness is structured such that no matter how carefully we may think, no matter how hard we may try to grasp the world around us, the conclusion we arrive at is always different from what things are actually like, and it is our acting upon this mistaken perception that leads to suffering.

Sadness, Love, Openness
The Buddhist Path of Joy
By Chomsky Maiman Ricochet,
page 12