Re: [OM] A7R4 megapixels

Subject: Re: [OM] A7R4 megapixels
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2020 16:28:08 -0700
At 11/23/2020 03:30 PM, AG wrote:
>> warning: sonie content.
>
>That's fine with me. My A7ii can stand all the inspiration it can get.
>

>> I know some say over the top in megapixels, but I am enjoying the A7Riv for
>> landscape. For one, I can go on a hike with just the 24-105 and still get
>> some decent zoomed in images. Here is a hike I did the other day in the
>> Superstition mountains here in AZ.
>
>That lens is mighty fine. The 28-70 kit lens is a pretty typical
>non-Olympus kit lens. I'm used to the Olympus kit lenses that are FAR
>better than other brands' kit lenses. The 28-70 is "functional", and
>actually remarkably good for non-critical (pixel-peeping) photography.
>If I didn't have such amazing OM Zuikos to put on the A7ii, I'd
>definitely be getting a better lens.
>
>AG

I don't have that OM problem. I gave the problem to someone else :-)

Did mention Sharpen AI... maybe I should post the unprocessed versions.

I did test the Voigtlander 110mm with a star chart in the distance. I
wanted to confirm I had a good copy of the lens. I also tested the
sonie 24-105 @ 105 for comparison. It was a bit blurrier but not
too bad. And AI sharpen seems to be able to pick up the pieces.

If you curious here is the star chart with 110mm @ F2.5 100% crop
https://photos.app.goo.gl/1Xb1N5CRph4psfc57
and here is the 24-105 @ 105 F4.0
https://photos.app.goo.gl/bXK4fmj5ykADjhnTA
Shot using the A7Riii and both manually focused and no sharpening.
I did not test stopping down. Sorry I don't have it in moosified display.

WayneS