Re: [OM] Wednesday Flowers

Subject: Re: [OM] Wednesday Flowers
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2020 12:53:59 -0700
At 11/19/2020 05:35 PM, Moose wrote:
>On 11/19/2020 3:39 PM, Mike Gordon via olympus wrote:
>>Turned out well.  I like it.
>
>Thanks!
>
>>It has a bit of a glow to it and composed by the soft and fuzzy alt dot
>>Moose.  28mm???  Lensbaby thingie of some sort?
>
>Exactly so. One way I seem to be working with the dearth of new places and
>subjects is by buying new stuff to take pix of what's around here with.
>LensBaby is having a sale. Sale price, less 10% newbie discount (worked even
>though I have an account) and they don't collect Calif. sales tax, made for a
>good deal on a Velvet 28/2.5
>
>>Thursday answer to Wed flowers, Mike
>
>Another version from yesterday already posted. More to come from today.
>
>Thorny Moose

Moose, keep them coming. Abstract, impressionistic I enjoy. Not a fan of
Lensbaby - due to an experience long ago...

I found this article interesting to create similar dreamy effect from the
Dyotar 180mm soft focus lens:
https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4033718
Anyone want to try adding some wire mesh to the back of a lens? Conceiveably
one could put a wire screen, cut to fit, in an OM to E mount adapter.

Orton effect film technique of combining out of focus + sharp images or low +
high F stop images.
https://visualwilderness.com/fieldwork/soft-sharp-camera-multiple-exposure-technique
There are PS tutorials on how to create the effect, but I believe doing it with
lenses and multiple images will offer more and better impressionistic effects.

https://www.naturettl.com/create-impressionistic-images-using-multiple-exposures/

Some interesting techniques here.
https://www.daylighted.com/blog/impressionistic-photography/

WayneS