[OM] Dolomites

Subject: [OM] Dolomites
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2020 23:42:05 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
<<<Is this where you stayed?

Indeed it is, but a much better image from height I see.  Next trip should be
with a drone.

https://www.olyendomike.com/Dolomites-2019/i-HQbtjSG/A

Ahhhh the Rifugio Alpe di Tires---quite good food for where you are.  I think
in retrospect that was the most fun day, but could have done better
photographically.  We had hiked about 17mi that day with much change in
elevation and T-storm was behind us.  Marnie wanted a helicopter for the last
stretch up hill to the rifugio,
but she was fine.  I had my best gear stowed in rainproof  mode  and asked
Marnie to grab a shot.  She used her phone rather than one MFT kit, sigh, but I
did not un-stow my gear either.  The sky was darkening and we made it in head
of the
storm by half hour or so.  We had hot water with our rate, else I think was
about 7 euro a minute.  After a hot shower, dinner, a night's sleep and a
calorie laden breakfast, we were all set to go again.

Nothing is photogenic 17 mi from the car, but I still want a re-do, Mike