Re: [OM] When do you need more pickles?

Subject: Re: [OM] When do you need more pickles?
From: Tina Manley <tmanley@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2020 11:11:59 -0400
Do you want dill or sweet?  Mrs. Wages makes great pickle seasoning packets
for both Dill and Bread and Butter.  I do add extra garlic cloves and a
dried red pepper to each jar.

Yes, you can doctor already canned pickles.  I would add a garlic clove and
a dried cayenne pepper to the Claussen pickles.  Wait at least a month.

If you lived next door, I would bring you a jar!

Tina

On Mon, Oct 19, 2020 at 10:56 AM Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Tina,
>      Since you are our principal pickle packer, I've been meaning to ask
> you about flavouring.  Trader Joe's used to sell a hot & spicy variety that
> I really liked, but they have discontinued it.  I cannot find anything
> comparable, so I need a quick recipe.
>
>      Could I doctor a jar of Claussen pickles by adding a sliced up Fresno
> chili or some other variety of hot pepper?  I would probably need to keep
> them refrigerated for at least a month for the flavouring to settle in.
>

> >I have few pickles in the basement:
> >
> >https://pbase.com/tinamanley/image/169652214
> >
> >The second shelving rack is all pickles. Come and help yourself.
> >

> Chris
>
> When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro
>      - Hunter S. Thompson
> --

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com