Re: [OM] Olympus 12-100 lens.

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus 12-100 lens.
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2020 12:52:50 -0700
On 9/27/2020 8:08 AM, Frank wrote:
  I second that. I've been unpleasantly surprised as well on a few
occasions. I thought about covering it with black tape, as I don't really
use it very often on a tripod. If I do, I'll replace it with a new piece of
black tape afterwards ;-).

Why black tape? For whatever reason, all electrical tape seems to feature especially goopy adhesive, which is subject to creep, leaving tacky edges.

3M vinyl tape has less icky adhesive and doesn't creep. AND, it comes in many
colors, including clear!

My PLeica lenses suffer from the same problem. Or should I say they used to suffer. <http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Tech/Misc&image=_1022160rotcr.jpg>

Much better, and I can see what's covered. I carry a roll of the tape, but have
yet to need to remove and replace.

Transparent Moose