Re: [OM] Olympus 12-100 lens.

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus 12-100 lens.
From: "Pearce, Wilfred via olympus" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2020 19:27:06 +0000
Cc: "Pearce, Wilfred" <pearce@xxxxxxxx>
Might be a good idea. I have the 12-40 pro lens that includes the push pull
switching from AF to MF,  which I find  comes at a price. Was shooting with it
not long after I  got it, and I noticed through the VF that the lens wasn't
focusing. I went nuts, and plowed through the inscrutable menus to no avail.
Then, at an accidental glance, I discovered the push pull focusing ring had
played a bad joke on me. I had an a desk drawer one of those assorted rubber
bands in the little plastic bag from Target. In it was a wider band that was
just right to put around the lens that fills the space so that is isn't
possible to change from  AF to MF without premeditation.

Give this a try. Tape can leave regrettable sticky goo.