[OM] Last Gasp - and - Another Look at Horse Nettle

Subject: [OM] Last Gasp - and - Another Look at Horse Nettle
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 13:35:36 -0700
On 9/18/2020 2:22 PM, Jim Nichols wrote:
Since the Carolina Horse Nettle is an aggressive vine, I wanted to show the leaves.  It is gradually attacking my boxwoods.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20200918-P9183653.JPG.html

Kind of a shame you bought the 4/3 50/2. Great lens, but the µ4/3 60/2.8 is also a great macro lens - AND - it would do in-camera Focus Stacking on your E-M1. That would have been great for this shot.

Part II
--------
Here's an example. Our buddleia had its best bloom year ever. All the long blooms have gone by, but it's put out a last, little bloom. <https://photos.app.goo.gl/gTX9fmqhNdnvDgodA>

Note the DoF, compared to the Horse Nettle.

Of course, the camera will also do what Oly calls Focus Bracketing, with lots more options and control, but the slices then need to be put together in software.

Focus Stacking is limited to 8 focal distance slices, but is all done automagically in the camera, resulting in a stacked JPEG. I think it would suit you and many of your subjects.

GAS Alternatives Moose