[OM] IMG: Pursuing the 3-D Image

Subject: [OM] IMG: Pursuing the 3-D Image
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2020 12:12:17 -0500
I received several comments yesterday about the 3-D pop-up appearance of the Spider Lily image I posted.  That image was shot at f/2.8, so one would expect good separation from the background.  But, with a deep bloom, there were some fuzzy parts to the image.  When I went back to it today, I chose f/16, to make sure all was in focus.  With the ZD 50/2.0 Macro, I still got what I consider good separation from the background.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20200917-P9173646.JPG.html

A compromise of f/8 would probably be a better choice.

--
Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA