Re: [OM] IMG: Mating Hummingbird Clearwing Moths

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Mating Hummingbird Clearwing Moths
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2020 15:20:21 -0500
Hi Jan,

I first saw this pair in their tail-to-tail embrace and she was carrying him backward, which I had never observed before.  They finally settled on a leaf and and held that position for several minutes.  It was only as I processed the photos that I realized that she was quite a bit larger and of a darker color.  A little on-line research told me that the larger was the female.