Re: [OM] Clearing Storm and Rainbow - Chugach Mountains

Subject: Re: [OM] Clearing Storm and Rainbow - Chugach Mountains
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2020 09:36:38 -0800
So, there is a little more to the story. A real head-slapper.

I had been taking pictures earlier with the GX85 and knew that it
should get interesting once the lowering sun broke out below the cloud
deck. I set the camera down and had it ready to go at a moment's
notice.

Then the moment came! We had a complete double rainbow that was
mindboggling beautiful.

I couldn't find the camera! I ran all over the house trying to find it
before finally giving up and went to grab a different one. I ran
outside and that partial rainbow is all that remained. I eventually
found the camera, but good grief, talk about a major fail.

Here is one that I took two years ago:

http://zone-10.com/d1/node/296

THIS is why we put up with 18 months of winter every year.

AK Schnozz