Re: [OM] IMG: Belgian markets, addendum

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Belgian markets, addendum
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 20:24:27 +0200
Thanks for looking and commenting. Just to make it clear: most of the shopping
in Belgium is done in large supermarkets like Carrefour (the world’s 2nd
largest supermarket chain after Walmart), and there are big department stores
like in the US. The only difference is that many of them are in the center of
the cities rather than the suburbs.

The Sunday markets I depict are not farmers markets, except the Marché du Midi.
Most are just antiques markets, with the line between antiques and junk being a
fine one. Those exist in other countries too, but in Belgium they are a
particular tradition.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain
<http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>

YNWA

"I’m not arguing, I’m just explaining why I’m right"