[OM] IMG: That's Not Fair!

Subject: [OM] IMG: That's Not Fair!
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2020 21:58:49 -0500
The feeding gate on my vertical feeder is spring-loaded, to allow small birds full access, and to prevent large birds from scattering the seeds.  Back in mid-May, I was experimenting with pre-load weights to see what worked best.  Large woodpeckers have difficulty with this type of feeder unless they feed upside down, but, with the heavy pre-load, and his own weight, this Red-Bellied Woodpecker was left with a very small feeding gap.  His expression displays his frustration.

I settled on a reduced pre-load, and peace prevailed.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20200515-P5151590.JPG.html

--
Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA