Re: [OM] weeds

Subject: Re: [OM] weeds
From: Charles Geilfuss <charles.geilfuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2020 14:03:15 -0400
  Indeed, you are right, Jan. Growing up, my mother had a watch goose at
the house that wouldn't let anyone gain access to the house. Raccoons don't
go after the geese but they do eat their eggs. About 10 years ago Canada
Geese started showing up in the lowcountry of SC. I've been an avid birder
since the 70's and prior to that geese were rare here. Since arriving their
population has been stable, mostly living in small groups of a half dozen
or so. It is my contention that the raccoons get most of their eggs and the
gators take a lot of the goslings.

Charlie