Re: [OM] Sensor polarization

Subject: Re: [OM] Sensor polarization
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2020 15:07:49 -0800
> You are comparing u43 to FF. The angle of the light hitting the micro lenses
> at the edges could be happening. Perhaps you can compare with a cropped
> version of the A7ii?

Could be. It appears to me that the microlens design of the Sony
sensor is significantly different than that of the Canon 6D I had. I'm
not sure what or how yet, but it is definitely different. It's
possible that the off-angle is affecting, however, what I'm seeing is
the inverse of normal vignetting. The darkening occurred in the MIDDLE
of the picture, not the edges. The darkening coincided with the normal
darkening point of a polarizer. It was around midday, give or take,
and the picture was taken with the sun in line with the
camera-subject.

More to follow.

BTW, the Sony "Clear" setting is quite interesting. I haven't been
able to find a good explanation of the various Sony profiles, but
Clear seems to be closer to what the Olympus CCD cameras are doing.

I tried to make a 3M lens adapter last night, but discovered that I
will have to do some surgery on something to make that happen.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..

Oh, Vert?  Toky?

AG Schnozz

AG Schnozz