Re: [OM] Isolation??

Subject: Re: [OM] Isolation??
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2020 15:24:31 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     Around here things seem a bit strange.  With almost everything closed,
there are more people outdoors than I've ever seen before.  They can't use the
playground or sporting facilities, so they're out walking, jogging, etc.  Even
with children.

     I've heard that bicycle sales are up for both recreation and commuting.

     After reading this BBC article about the IMF recession forecast:

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-52326853?fbclid=IwAR2hCkpuMux_crlPoiEO6msTKIGN-s9gyu7HeDDCodl3vi8H_BxV2OzFCIs

I went to a large local sporting goods store and bought some extra ammunition.
I was lucky to get what I wanted, and what I got was the very last of what they
had.

>The hotel that my son manages in Charleston, Zero George, is opening back
>up.  They are booked for most of May.  Who is traveling??  Restaurants are
>all still closed.  Why go to Charleston if the restaurants are all closed?
>
>He thinks it's way too early but it's not his decision to make.  The kids'
>daycare has not opened so he's bringing them up here to stay with us.  They
>haven't been exposed to other people for a couple of weeks so it should be
>ok.
>
>He's glad to have work again but skeptical about the wisdom of this.
>
>If they do arrive on Monday, I'll be occupied for awhile!!
>
>Stay safe.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson