Re: [OM] Oregon shuts down today

Subject: Re: [OM] Oregon shuts down today
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2020 08:52:03 -0800
>      We may all end up that way before this is over.

Only a short-term knee-jerk reaction. Necessary, for short-term,
though. But as this will be with us for quite a while, it's necessary
for society to find a "new normal" for going on with life. You just
can't shut the world down hoping that it all goes away, because it
won't. But if we've managed to get half the a$$holes who didn't wash
their hands after going to the restroom to do so now, then I consider
it a win.

We really can't stop the spread of the virus through the core, but
what we can do is limit its effect on the edge. If 20% of the
population is vulnerable to the effects of it (either deadly or
extreme complications), then you protect those individuals.

AG Schnozz