Re: [OM] Rainy Day Flowers

Subject: Re: [OM] Rainy Day Flowers
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2020 21:01:43 -0700
On 3/16/2020 6:03 AM, Wayne Shumaker wrote:
At 3/16/2020 01:39 AM, Moose wrote:
Finally! It rained!

Pelargonium <https://photos.app.goo.gl/XBBCDAHdFrnRfqHP7>
This seems a bit on the dark to my eyes. Was that deliberate?

Yes. I labor under the handicap of knowing what the flower looks like, right outside the front door. When I tried to brighten it up, or otherwise give it more "pop", it stopped looking like the flower itself.

It's a soft, velvety surface, and loses that quality easily. It was shot on an overcast, rainy day. I'll try to catch it again, in the mostly off again, sometimes on again sunshine this week.

We will soon have a wall of white Star Jasmine flowers.
<https://photos.app.goo.gl/9M9F8rz6tuTCpaYC8>
I like this with the various flowing curves.

Thanks! I like all the pent up energy of all those buds getting ready to burst
open.

I should remember what these are called.
<https://photos.app.goo.gl/MUUQVbZKysK2wdqm7>
Very nice, but again the dark background but the flowers do not look as dark as
the first one. Just curious if that is intended or artifact of how you shot the
image? Again this has curving lines that I find interesting.

I often reduce brightness and contrast behind flowers and/or blur the background. Same reason someone ( Jim?) was using a black foam core board behind his flowers a while ago.

This is what it looks like, otherwise.
<https://photos.app.goo.gl/6qCDQD4S43XxhfAZA>

WayneS