Re: [OM] OT: Email Client

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Email Client
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2020 06:34:36 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     Just installed Thunderbird on this laptop.  My first impression is that
this is very nice, a much needed refinement of OE.  What I liked best at first
is that you just provide your email address and password and then it looks up
the POP3 etc. setup information in a database.

     I have a couple of unused Dell towers at home, and I'm going to set one up
as a WinXP machine.  That will let me use all of my design and writing software
without having to deal with the Win7 denials.

>Chris, I have disconnected my Win 7 Dell from the internet.  For the
>whole time I used it, I used Thunderbird, which I am also using on
>my iMac.
>
>>       The power supply in my Win98/SE desktop machine failed
>>yesterday, and it's not worth the $40 to buy a new one.  For some
>>time now I haven't used it much except to download emails that I
>>want to same.  My WinXP laptops have Outlook Express 6, but the Win7
>>machines have nothing at all.  For some reason, Microsoft did not
>>include an email client with the distribution of Win7, and Office
>>2000 doesn't seem to have one either.
>>
>>       So, before I take the plunge and download/install Microsoft
>>Live Mail, I thought I'd ask to see what others are using as an email
>>client for Win7/10.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson