Re: [OM] New Blood - RX10 IV [was Friday's Flowers]

Subject: Re: [OM] New Blood - RX10 IV [was Friday's Flowers]
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2020 13:29:00 -0800
The procedure, which isn’t specific to any one camera, but is brutally easy
with the OM-2S:

Camera configuration:
1. aperture priority mode
2. Set shutter speed to flash sync speed
3. Set ISO
4. Mount flash and set to either TTL or auto

Exposure configuration:
1. Turn flash off
2. Adjust aperture so the indicated shutter speed is one or two stops below
flash sync speed (1/30 or 1/15 on OM bodies)
3. Turn flash back on.
4. Of using auto flash (non-ttl) set iso and aperture on it)

Most OM bodies will force the shutter speed to 1/60. So this will
underexpose the background by one or two stops. If the ambient light gets
above the 1/60 the flash usually won’t fire.

I use variations of this with all my cameras as I rarely have TTL flash
automation.

The neat thing about the OM-2S is that you can effectively have a stored
exposure setting available at all times. I can have a manual exposure and
auto exposure accessible with a flip of the switch. When shooting in auto I
can see the movement of the meter and I know the general proper setting. If
the meter is being fooled I switch to my manual setting for the shot and
immediately put it back to auto.

AG