Re: [OM] Sherlock the Bookstore Cat

Subject: Re: [OM] Sherlock the Bookstore Cat
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2020 11:07:57 -0800
On 1/31/2020 5:17 AM, Christopher Crawford wrote:
Lecturing someone on their 'style' of explaining something is the last refuge
of the man with nothing to say and a profound need to feel important. If you
had a valid criticism of what I had said (that is, you disagreed with my
reasons for composing that photo the way I did), you wouldn't have had to
attack me personally. You'd have talked about the photo.

Nothing I said to Moose was offensive.

When I read it, it felt like a slap in the face. It may not have been meant to be offensive, but it came across as ChrisB described it.

As to "style", your first paragraph here is nasty, aggressive, reactive in the extreme. The charges you make in the first sentence are both simply completely unlike the ChrisB I've "known" for many years and a wildly inaccurate reading of what he wrote.

I've been your supporter for years, pulling for you through hard times and health problems. When you wanted a particular OMZ lens, I donated one. When you had a surplus print sale, I bought four, three of which are winners for me.

And yet, knowing that I could have no idea of the documentary project of which the cat portrait was to be a part, you wrote as though I did know and was an being idiot for suggesting something that wasn't your vision. (I notice you have not responded to two different suggestions for ameliorating the busy bokeh, without cropping.)

I explained why I made that photograph the way I did , in the same direct style
that I always use to explain things. I understand what he was saying. If I just
wanted a good photo of the cat, a closer crop would have worked well. That
wasn't my purpose, though, as I plainly stated.

You may feel it's the "same direct style", but there's a nastiness that's not generally been there. If you can't feel it, that's disturbing. Look at the second sentence in the above pp, and compare it to your original response. Now, in this sentence, you are not sounding angry, then, you were, and you are aggressively so in your first pp here.

I would prefer no to receive a reply to this post. If I receive a nasty one, I will simply block your posts. Actually, I'd prefer not to have written this, but your statement "Nothing I said to Moose was offensive." prodded me into action.

Should I not need to block you, I will in future view, but refrain from commenting on the photos you post, whether I like them or not.

Slapped Moose