Re: [OM] Signs of Spring

Subject: Re: [OM] Signs of Spring
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2020 23:19:07 -0800
Rather looked stacked

Nope, single shot, as you might guess, as the A7 has no focus bracketing. By shooting from above, the tops of the petals and of the stamens are at about the same focal distance.

I went out this morning, before they opened up, and took a shot from the side - not enough DoF for my taste. I'd have been better off using a GX9 and focus bracketing.

but am puzzled by the exif--146mm f9 on your Sonnie???

A while ago, I was suffering from GAS ennui, and somehow ran across something about the Sony FE 24-240 lens. KEH* had a decent price . . . In addition to scratching an itch, I had a couple of other ideas.

I wanted to see if 24 MP of FF is really better, in practical terms, than 20 MP of µ4/3. I haven't done much formal with that question. My impression is that the difference, after post, is not large. Essentially a non-issue for web and books.

I also wanted to do some comparisons of a conventional, contemporary lens with Nikkor Soft filters vs. my motley crew of old and odd lenses. Haven't done that yet with this lens.

I've also been testing out how it all feels, compared to µ4/3 gear. Definitely a bit big and heavy, compared to say a GX9 with Panny 14-140, for a similar-ish range. Anyway, I've been using it for around the house and garden shots, just because. . .

Not your usual weapons of choice.

Rope-a-dope, keep moving, mix it up.

We won't have any until late March or so.

Here is a bit of snow--on topic as used Z. 50/2 macro.

https://www.olyendomike.com/Macro/Macro-2014/i-CRbSW9b/A

Here is one crocus shot with my second to last roll of elitechrome with Big
Foot on a 4T.

https://www.olyendomike.com/Other/Macro-2010/i-fXMkxpw/A

Ooooh, I like the just right softness; suits the flowers perfectly! Only problem is the in-focus upper left. :-) <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Usher/Croci.htm>

 Switch Hitter Moose