Re: [OM] OK, humor me, please

Subject: Re: [OM] OK, humor me, please
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2019 06:34:34 -0700
At 12/30/2019 05:01 PM, Lighten Up Moose wrote:

>Thanks, guys!
>
>On 12/28/2019 2:24 AM, Philippe wrote:
>>DK about the first one and Iâ??ll pass.
>
>Yeah I've given up on that one as tech example, too. I should know better than
>to use people shots, then expect folks to look at other aspects. :-)
>
>>The second one might be a phonephoto as the altdotMoosed version shows
>>massive distortion in the buildings. I could be entirely wrong of course :-)
>
>Over focused on noise, color, brightness, etc., I didn't notice the
>perspective distortion of pointing the camera up at the sky. Corrected.
><http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/Misc/Clouds.htm>
>
>On 12/28/2019 11:46 AM, Mike Lazzari wrote:
>>OK, just MHO...
>
>>Carol: Prefer the original w/ deep shadow. Bringing up the shadows serves to
>>distract from the subject. Just crop so that Carol is not centered in the
>>(landscape) frame.
>
>Yeah, I've gone on to do a cropped version for printing.
>
>>Sky: I like the re-worked sky but think the foreground becomes a distraction.
>>Maybe select it out and not bring it up so much.

I regularly expose for sky and pull up the shadows as well. But I'm having some
problems with adjusting my shots...

Sky: I find it difficult to see your shot without the foreground, though. When
just clouds, I'd be tempted to make them more over-the-top. I prefer the
foreground in the shot.

I have a lot of great sky here in AZ, other than when it is just blue. I am
always trying to find the best composition. Here is one example of me trying to
pull up the shadows:

Raw: https://photos.app.goo.gl/qcBSFi2fG4mgLAXN8
ACR: https://photos.app.goo.gl/4S5iDBJCZNrw3FRx7

Not too much adjustment, ACR auto. Sorry I don't have cool mouse over web
skills yet.

What I'm am wondering is, have the clouds become more blue with the adjustment?
Not sure how to adjust this properly. I don't have Kens high Color IQ.

As Chris T has said, we have had some cold rainy weather here in AZ. This was
shot Dec 25th after the sky was clearing before more cold rainy weather moved
in.

Low Color IQ WayneS