Re: [OM] Proper Exposure [was Best ISO for landscapes with E-M1 Mk11?]

Subject: Re: [OM] Proper Exposure [was Best ISO for landscapes with E-M1 Mk11?]
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2019 09:37:40 -0800
At 12/28/2019 02:03 AM, Moose wrote:
>On 12/24/2019 8:28 AM, Wayne Shumaker wrote:
>>Thanks again Moose for taking the time to explain good points.
>
>Thanks! I'm always interested in finding out what I'm talking about, although
>that's not always possible. :-)

As am I. Sometimes my brain gets stuck in over active analog IC design mode. I
do need to test things.

So many exposure modes and possibilities these days....

My camera has a level display, or histogram display, but not both at the same
time. I tend to need the level more often. Someday to explore using the zebra
setting.

...ever discovering new features on the Sony... For instance,

Setting the exposure to 0.5EV (menu setting) versus 0.3EV increments, and set
the rear (or front) dial to exposure compensation will give me -5EV to +5EV of
compensation on that dial, however the exposure compensation dial remains at
+-3EV.

Another trick I just discovered, pressing the ISO button and using the front
dial will increment in whole 1EV increments, which can be faster than the
normal 0.3EV ISO increments.

WayneS