Re: [OM] the war is over, they won

Subject: Re: [OM] the war is over, they won
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2019 20:16:33 -0800
> From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>>    Hmmm...  First I've ever heard of this.  Neither my laptops nor my
>> desktop machine have that key.
>
> I'm still looking for the "Any" key.

My first pro-level scanner was a used Color Getter Falcon drum scanner that I
used with 4x5 Velvia to make quarter-gigapixel images. It used a basic IBM PC
clone as its controller.

After a while, it would no longer boot from the supplied floppy. It didn't even
have a graphics card, so I couldn't get any error messages. I borrowed a
graphics card and hooked up a monitor, and the first thing I saw was:
        "No keyboard detected. Press any key to continue."

I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream.

After I plugged in a keyboard, it complained about files being in the future,
so I replaced the clock battery, and then it let me reset the date and return
the borrowed video card.

:::: It has come to a level where the cameras are better than 99% of the
photographers out there. -- Robin Wong ::::
:::: Jan Steinman, EcoReality Co-op <http://www.ecoreality.org/>‌ ::::‌‌