[OM] Kudos to Olympus Service

Subject: [OM] Kudos to Olympus Service
From: Martin Walters <mwalters1440@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2019 21:25:17 -0500
It's fashionable - and often justified - to criticize company after-sales/repair service.  This story has a happy ending as I ended up being well treated by Olympus recently.

This summer the shutter on my E-M5 Mk1 jammed. I'd been hoping that the Mk1 would end up as a backup body to a Mk3. Not to be.... Anyway, the body came back in around two weeks, with a new shutter and some other replacement  bits. However, it only lasted until its first outing, before the shutter jammed again. So, it went back to Olympus (Canada) under warranty and after some helpful discussion with the Oly Service people (in Bogotá). Two weeks later, a parcel arrived: a refurbished E-M5 Mk2 body, complete with all accessories.

So, credit where credit is due.  While I'd been waiting to see the new Mk3, I'm happy with the Mk2, an improvement over the original. Now, all I need is a lens to make use of the sync-IS.....

Martin