Re: [OM] Capture One upgrade roulette

Subject: Re: [OM] Capture One upgrade roulette
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2019 11:47:08 -0900
A late response here...

> Does anyone have a crystal ball or sufficient experience with how Phase
> One does things to make a reasonably educated guess?

I have no direct answer to that question, but will express a
counter-thought. The Adobe Creative-Cloud suite is cost-effective, and
the advances are so aggressive that it's leaving everything else in
the dust. Photoshop itself has turned into a pudgy low-development
turd, but Lightroom (both classic on cloud) is moving forward so fast
and with incredible features which are obsoleting most of the other
plugins and processing tools.

As you know, I'm anything but an Adobe "fanboy", but I'm more than
happy to pay my $10 a month ($120 year) to always have the latest
greatest and not worry about perpetual licenses which are quickly
obsoleted by new computers and operating system upgrades.

On a side note, PWP (Picture Window Pro), version 8 is now released.
Other than bug fixes, it looks like this is the end of the road for
PWP. Oh, and it's free.

AG Schnozz