Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 24/11/2019: sensor cleaning

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 24/11/2019: sensor cleaning
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2019 12:21:41 -0800
On 11/26/2019 5:02 PM, Wayne Shumaker wrote:
I once left my 5D in the warm car one afternoon. After use it had "gunk" on the
sensor that would not blow off. I believe the heat loosened some oil/lubricant from the
shutter, which then landed on the sensor.

I seem to recall that this was a known problem with Canon's, at least those of
that era.

I do recall being careful with my cameras in that regard, from reading about
that problem.

Interesting side note. My first DSLR was the first Rebel, and it was silver colored. As a test, I set it next to a black camera in the sun. After just a few minutes, the black camera was much warmer. After that, I have always been careful to keep my black cameras from sitting out in direct sun; find a shady spot, cover with a hat, and such.

Cool Hand Moose