[OM] Nathan's PAD 24/11/2019: sensor cleaning

Subject: [OM] Nathan's PAD 24/11/2019: sensor cleaning
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2019 06:39:12 +0100
My newly acquired cycling camera, the miniature Panasonic GM5, has suffered
from a dirty sensor from the beginning. I tried to clean it myself but my
efforts came to nothing, so I bit the bullet and sent it to Carmencita in
Valencia to have it done professionally. I was aware that it might be an
inherent problem with the sensor rather than just dirt but I was prepared to
take the chance. The camera came back last week, with two pictures on the card
taken by the lab, both at f22, showing clearly the “before and after”. I went
on to test the camera using my standard test protocol, i.e. just go out and
take some pictures with lots of sky in them. Here are the results:

Playa Muchavista:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-QktNQNM/A

Busot church:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-Qwp2Ngq/A

I would say that the sensor cleaning worked.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain