Re: [OM] Almost a year later...

Subject: Re: [OM] Almost a year later...
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2019 09:06:56 -0900
> Sounds Alas-scary …

I think it's part of the "Risk = Reward" equation.

Living here is a risk as we have earthquakes, volcanoes, bears,
landslides and avalanches, high crime, extreme cold, and a myriad of
other things that remind you that life in Alaska is somewhat tenuous.

But the scenery! Oh, that scenery! The mind-boggling beauty is
overwhelming. I don't even have to travel to get it. I can just hang a
camera outside my window, or walk out on our deck, or stand in the
driveway. Our valley is proportioned like Yosemite valley (without the
granite cliffs) which makes it even more photogenic. (The dimensions
are different, but the length-height-width ratios are similar).

Did I mention the hiking? The skiing? The snowshoeing? The
snowmobiling (snow-machining)? The dog-sledding? The almost complete
lack of snow-plowing?

The photography?

AK Schnozz