[OM] Batteries for the EM5

Subject: [OM] Batteries for the EM5
From: Lawrence Woods <lmwoods@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2019 10:27:38 -0500
From: Brian Gray <bsg017@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

  I had not realised that Dur*cell might be associated with
'doubtful' products as I have never had problems with their conventional
batteries for day to day applications.

 I got Wasabi BLN-1 equivalents batteries from Amazon around 2015, and they served me well until earlier this year.  I recharged all my batteries before a trip, and discovered that both Wasabi batteries no longer slid into the camera.  A close inspection showed that they had bulged ever so slightly.  I was not surprised that this happened, but that it happened to both batteries at the exact same time.  My two Olympus batteries were fine.  All had been regularly charged with the Wasabi charger, which I  use because it takes less space in my camera bag - no need to carry a separate power cord.

After the trip, I looked for new batteries online.  The impression I got  researching Duracell branded rechargeable camera batteries was that Duracell had licensed its name to someone else for rechargeable camera batteries.  I ended up just getting  more Wasabis.

If I upgrade to an E-M5 III at some point, my experience might make me hesitate to charge the a third party battery in the camera, though.

     ----- Larry Woods