Re: [OM] OM 100/2 lens

Subject: Re: [OM] OM 100/2 lens
From: Jan Steinman <jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2019 08:35:32 -0800
> From: Maggie <seaharvest@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:seaharvest@xxxxxxxxxx>>
>
> I'm using it currently on a Sony A7 full-frame camera

I’m on Micro Four Thirds, and I use a lot of OM glass with a focal reducer,
with great results.

But this is one of a very few lenses I’ve tried that looks fantastic even
without a focal reducer. The image I posted was “bareback,” without a focal
reducer, using the JPEG out of the camera, with no post-production sharpening.

> I've found with that is that at ANY aperture the DOF is exceedingly shallow.

That seems to defy the laws of physics, but I agree, that it seems to have a
“depth” look about it, even when stopped down.

But I find the 350/2.8 behaves the same way. I can’t explain it nor even defend
it; with focus peaking on, you can see the highlighted area increasing as you
stop down, but it still has a look of depth about it. I notice a similar
phenomenon with the ZD 35-100/2 and especially the ZD 150/2.

Jan