Re: [OM] OT: Medicare Enrollment Season

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Medicare Enrollment Season
From: Bill Pearce <billpearce@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2019 12:30:10 -0400 (EDT)
Through my life I've had some really high end health insurance but by far the
best is Medicare. Simple, painless, and not hugely expensive. The part that
really makes me mad is all the conservative politicians that are pitching
single payer but with private insurance option. To me that will be stupidly
expensive and is just a smoke screen. If you were to totally dispose of private
insurance and redirect the money that goes into it into single payer, there
would be a great step up.

But I'm not an insurance company executive. When evaluating things in American
government, always remember, follow the money. Private insurance companies give
big money to campaign funds. Taking away old overweight white guys from the
Trump International Golf Club will prove nearly impossible.