[OM] Nathan's PAD 18/10/2019: important people

Subject: [OM] Nathan's PAD 18/10/2019: important people
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2019 21:48:42 +0200
I have continued to test my newly acquired Panasonic GX80, and I am really
liking the results. I just “developed” a card with pics from the past week or
so. Here are two from last week. Important people in different ways.

Frans Timmermans, Vice-President of the European Commission, visited our office
and delivered a very good, short, and inspiring speech:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-ttK7j88/A

In the evening, we went our for dinner with Antanina, a Lithuanian ex-trainee
in my department, who is now working for the World Intellectual Property Office
in Geneva and was attending an event at our office. She is my poster child of
European integration: born in Lithuania in the dying days of the Soviet Union
in 1990; grew up in a free country that joined the EU in 2004; went to Italy on
an Erasmus scholarship; was trainee in our office back in 2013 or 2014, then
went on to do her PhD at the University of Padova. Here she is, on the right,
with my colleague Carolina:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-4RzhczL/A

The photo of Timmermans was taken with the 50mm Summilux, 50 years old or so. I
love combining technologies from today with those from decades ago.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain