Re: [OM] E-M5 mkiii vs. G-95

Subject: Re: [OM] E-M5 mkiii vs. G-95
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2019 16:13:51 -0800
> And that means the Oly. I really do want the dual-AF sensor — I ran into
> several occasions when I lost a low-light photo because the pure Contrast AF
> couldn’t deal with it.

If there is anything in particular about the GX85 with 12-32 lens
which drives me up a wall is the AF's failure to function properly in
low light and no easy manual-focus method. That was a design miss if
I've ever seen one. At least I can take a Four-Thirds 14-42 and adapt
it onto the GX85 now and get a focus ring.

Where Panasonic completely screwed up is that unlike most cameras,
when it does the hunt-and-fail focusing, it doesn't default to any
usable focus distance. MOST cameras will after an attempt or three
will land at something usable.

AG Schnozz