Re: [OM] Ear Thingies - Seriously Off Topic

Subject: Re: [OM] Ear Thingies - Seriously Off Topic
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2019 11:18:50 -0800
> Hmmm.  I looked them up.  That's a lotta dough.  Like I said, it's just for
> listening to MP3s, which is kind of a turd souffle.   Any utensil will
> probably do.

There are several pretty good options of varying prices. The new Apple
Airpods are remarkably good sounding. The Beats are a better than
average product. I'm actually pleased with most of the Jabra options.
Another worth looking at is JBL. But those tend to be a mixed bag.

While backordered to the cows come home, I think the Sony WF-1000XM3
earbuds are likely the best in category right now. I really wanted to
try them, but as they weren't available, I didn't want to go through
the whole shipping, test, return, fees, etc., routine.

As you mentioned MP3s, this is one area where I determine the overall
audio quality of the buds. I've got a couple sample songs that I use
to see if I can hear the artifacts. If I can't, the speakers or
earphones can't reproduce a square wave past 8-10K.

AG