Re: [OM] E-M5iii

Subject: Re: [OM] E-M5iii
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 13:47:23 -0800
> My next camera will be a Panasonic.

I believe Olympus' menu system is based on their corporate logic and
structure. You have three departments doing exactly the same thing, so
make sure you spread the settings across three entirely different menu
categories. And of course, there is that one department that doesn't
do anything, so you have a menu item for something that doesn't work
or exist. Don't forget that every successful company has a department
for something important, but Olympus isn't one of those, so you'll
have completely missing menu items that are really needed.

In all honesty, I think the menu system must have been created by an
Oracle developer. It's that illogical.

Panasonic? Java developer. I'm pretty convinced that whoever designed
the menus and sleep/resume features is a Java developer working in his
mom's basement. He also wrote the same for Fujifilm.

> And anyway, I'm thinking we on on the edge of a major upset in sensors, as it
> looks like there is a bunch of new tech on the horizon.

I think we're in the midst of a new wave in sensor tech. My guess is
that Sony's next massive step forward is 2-3 years out. Canon JUST
caught up. Barely. Skin of their teeth.

So, this new camera will be one that I'll keep a very close eye on. If
I stay with m43, it will likely be my next camera. If not, it will
probably be the Panasonic S1.

AG Schnozz