Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 3/10/2019: testing my new GX80

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 3/10/2019: testing my new GX80
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2019 15:36:05 -0800
> Looks like it passed the test.  That little 35-100 though slow is better than
> it has any right to be. So the GM-5 is relegated to back-up?
> I liked the GX 85 as a hiking cam in the Dolomites though with a couple
> ergonomic irritations.

Panasonic manages to always do something that is positively
infuriating ergonomically. Probably the worse offender to me is the
focus ring turning ratio which appears to be variable, but not quite
predictable when it switches from fast to slow. The slow is sludgy
slow. The fast is useless. I'd rather they have just one speed ratio
and match Olympus at it.

AG Schnozz