Re: [OM] IMG: Safari

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Safari
From: Scott Gomez <sgomez.baja@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2019 11:32:35 -0700
On safari in Maasai Mara Reserve, Kenya in Sep 2012, we did not find that
sort of jam up. There were occasions that we encountered other vehicles in
passing, but only about twice in some four days that I recall that our two
van group encountered more than two others at one time, unless on one of
the main tracks from one part of the reserve to another. Most of the
wildlife stays clear of the main tracks, though, I am sure for the reason
that there are too many vehicles traversing them.

Overall, I found that our Safari drivers, and others we encountered, were
respectful of the wildlife. Holding (once, in our case, for a very long
while) where their movement would directly disturb wildlife.

On Sun, Sep 29, 2019 at 10:28 AM Bill Pearce <billpearce@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I heard about this from the director of our local zoo. He was highly
> regarded in the zoo world, and held several posts in the AZA, including a
> term as president. Every year he led a trip to Africa for zoo members.
>

> He never led one to Kenya. He refered to it as animal Disneyland. hefelt
> that the Kenyans somehow had planned things to please American touirsts.

Scott