Re: [OM] IMG: Abstract

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Abstract
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2019 15:29:58 -0500
Thanks, Mike.  The single CU lens that I have was bought to fit my Pentax glass, 49mm dia., 40cm focal length, and is to small to work with my zooms.  It works pretty well on 50 & 55mm lenses, but is useless on my 135mm (perhaps if I set it up on a tripod, it might be better, but not hand-held.)

I got out my Leica-R Elmarit 60 Macro today, and it does the same job with much better results.

Good luck finding the rare ones!

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

Nice abstract.  You might enjoy trying the CU diopter on your AF zooms. The max
working distance is determined by the CU lens and the mag by the FL of the
zoom.  Sometimes they work out well.  In general the closer the FL to the lens
for which the achromatic diopter is designed for, the better the performance,
but it is still a matter of trial and error.  The Pentax T132 is super on the
PL 100-400  (see below)  but doesn't work for me on the MZ 12-100 at all.

https://www.olyendomike.com/Macro-2017/i-CbCGKGc/A

I'll be chasing Bronze Coppers tomorrow  (2nd and last flight) with the NABA
group.  The native purple asters are out too.  They can be quite elusive and
may not be able to be found depending on the year.  I have high hopes, but most
often I never even see one and any posing for photographs is a rare treat.

Mike