Re: [OM] IMG: Oak Tree Story

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Oak Tree Story
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2019 18:12:57 +0100
I love oaks, Jim.  On Wednesday I trimmed my neighbour’s oak, as it was getting
a bit close to our Annex.  I had planned to reduce the encroachment, but ended
up effectively raising the crown on the sun-side.

We visited Stourhead a couple of weeks ago, a stately home whose “garden”
contains many deciduous trees and several redwoods.

https://show.cbimages.uk/Photography/Blipfoto/i-hhGTZSV/A

They reckon the oaks grow for 300 years, live for 300 and die for 300; since
the gardens were planted before 1780, many of the trees are massive but have
yet to reach their full potential.

Chris