Re: [OM] IMG: Cloudless Sulphur Butterfly in Harsh Sunlight

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Cloudless Sulphur Butterfly in Harsh Sunlight
From: Dean Hansen <hanse112@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2019 09:50:47 -0500
     I think that Jim N. might be seeing a Little Sulfur, *Eurema lisa.  *Up
here on the Minnesota tundra we can find this species in only a few
spots--it migrates hundreds of miles north in late summer to look for its
larval host plant, Partridge Pea.  I saw several of these a week ago on a
preserved sand dune prairie nearby.
    I actually prefer the "harsh sunlight" that Jim notes.  Strong very
oblique lighting from 12 o'clock in this photo emphasizes the slight
unevenness of the butterfly's wings.  Nice job, Jim.  And sun.
Dean