Re: [OM] GX85 Early Thoughts and Impressions

Subject: Re: [OM] GX85 Early Thoughts and Impressions
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2019 21:57:02 -0700
On 8/29/2019 5:09 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
I'm not experiencing the joy. I tried those settings and I still have
nose-focusing.

Well, shoot!

Too many models, and a bad assumption on my part. It seems that Panny  made more changes than just the menus in their latest models.

The GM1 & 5 and GX85 (and, presumably, GX7 and GX8) have only two choices for Shutter/AF action when the screen is touched, Touch AF and Touch Shutter. If you don't want nose shooting or focusing, you have to turn Touch Screen to OFF.

The GX9 and latest versions of the ZS series, ZS80 and ZS200 and likely the LX100 II, have a new, more rationalized menu system. They also add a third choice to screen behavior for AF/Shutter, were it does nothing when the screen is touched.

Here's the visual version of how they work. The reason "Touch Tab" must be on is so you can use the touch tab labeled with "<". <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/Panny_Touch_Screen/Panny_Tabs.htm>
This may be a significant reason for some folks to chose a GX9 over GX85. Well,
there are a couple of others . . .

Visualization Moose