Re: [OM] IMG: The Buckeye is Becoming More Common

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: The Buckeye is Becoming More Common
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2019 01:56:25 -0700
On 8/10/2019 12:55 PM, Jim Nichols wrote:
The Common Buckeye is being seen more frequently around here this summer.  Does
this bode well for Ohio State football?

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20190810-P8106979.JPG.html

I caught a couple of flutterbys Thursday at a botanic garden in Sonoma County. Images not up to my usual standards, but pretty good for a P&S.

It was an intentional experiment of using my new Panny ZS200, rather than my larger kit. As I always want more reach, I also carried my Panny ZS50, a really small - 1/2.3" - sensor and a lens that goes out to 720 mm eq. That's what gave me these flutterbys.

One is, guess what, a Common Buckeye.
<http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=23379>

The other is not one I know. <http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=23381>

Fluttering By Moose