Re: [OM] 20 minutes of your life you'll never get back...

Subject: Re: [OM] 20 minutes of your life you'll never get back...
From: Jan Steinman <jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2019 08:22:52 -0700
> From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>>
>
> The issue for me is whether or not to get a Sony FF or an Olympus with
> Speedbooster.

Which lenses do you like better?

To me, the Sonys are too expensive and not wonderful enough to justify the
expense.

But I get a kick out of playing around with old stuff, as I suspect you do, as
well. In such a case, I’d say the Oly wins.

> I fear that the ship has sailed on Micro 4/3 and we're
> pretty much becoming a FF world... I certainly prefer the size/weight of
> Olympus, but that comes
> with the price of being left holding the sensor bag.

Don’t worry about what may be, grasshopper; worry about what is.

If I never got another camera, I’d be happy with what I got. The “upgrade
treadmill” is psychologically damaging in the long run.

I don’t have the very first OM lens I ever bought, but I still have some that I
bought nearly 40 years ago! To me, that feels better than going out and
swapping systems every few years.

Jan