Re: [OM] Noventus--new cure for GAS

Subject: Re: [OM] Noventus--new cure for GAS
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2019 16:32:15 -0700
F&N Moose writes:

<<MikeJ has just been on about the Sony RX100 VII on TOP, saying 'But we have to admit that
this new Sony will pretty much do it all, for any sane definition of "all."' What a bunch
of BS. He runs a great blog, but as a photographer, he has a quite narrow <<view of subjects
and possibilities.

Agreed.  Not tempted by the new Sonnie.  Still largely limited to FF equiv dof
to about f11. If not using a recent phone, use GM5 with a few small lenses in
pocket.  MZ 25/1.8 is quite small and at least some hope of subject separation.
 I suppose one can do that in post, but it is a pain.

Not a big issue for me for a coat pocket camera. Just one of the prices one pays for the other conveniences. The GM5 is great, but I don't go for the lenses in pockets thing. The more casual the situation, the less I like fussing with lens changes. I like it with the 14-140, but that's a big step up in size/weight from a compact.

I actually suspect that I'd dislike the pop-up EVF of the Sony. One reason I upgraded from ZS40 to ZS50 a few years ago was to get auto LCD-EVF switching. Having to remember to push a button somehow broke the flow; drove me a little nuts.

In any case, I'm now feeling the first part of GAS relief. I didn't realize until reading the comments to the TOP post about the RX100 VI that the Panny ZS200 added zoom reach over the ZS100.

Oops

GAS Pills Moose