Re: [OM] Of Alaska, Photography, and Work

Subject: Re: [OM] Of Alaska, Photography, and Work
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2019 13:51:49 -0800
> I don’t or no longer like canon either - but I now feel reluctant using gear
> that is not part of a coherent system, don’t ask me why …

At some point, there is little advantage to cobbling together your own
unique mix when 15 seconds in Adobe Lightroom can impart any kind of
unique trait you want to a photograph. There are some exceptions to
that "rule", though, especially in the bokeh department. But beyond
that, I think that having a single-source system is probably better
for all but the rare exception of usage.

I've been one to cobble together a lot of very unique things, but a
lot of that has been through fiscal necessity. Also it has been
through personal satisfaction of artistic expression. I do not like
"purchasing" my creativity.

There is something special about adapting unusual things together to
get new and unique results, but at the same time, there is something
special about grabbing a camera bag and knowing that everything is
just "going to work" without hassles.

AG Schnozz