Re: [OM] 240 MP? {was Any interest/comments concerning tiny Siggie FP Fu

Subject: Re: [OM] 240 MP? {was Any interest/comments concerning tiny Siggie FP Full frame mirrorless?]
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2019 21:27:09 -0500
Jan,

I just read and made notes from both of your emails; thanks for the inputs, they are very helpful.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

After reading some reports on line, I think I would probably opt for the
Oly adapter if I chose to make the move.
I've used both, and find the Chinese adapters worth-while, save for one thing:
weather sealing.

If you are using weather-sealed 4/3rds lenses -- AND you encounter anything other
than dry, dust-free conditions -- you should shop for the MMF-3 4/3rds -->
micro 4/3rds adaptor, as it maintains weather sealing.

The Olympus MMF-1 and MMF-2 do not provide weather sealing, and in my humble
opinion, are not much better than the Chinese adapters costing 1/4th as much.

If you use legacy film lenses of the same mount, you will also want a quality focal reducer.
I managed to get a Metabones Speedbooster Ultra on a rare eBay "20% off anything"
sale, but I find the Viltrox Mount Adaptor EF-M2 with a thin Canon EF --> OM to be nearly
as good, for 1/4th the price.

Jan