Re: [OM] 240 MP? {was Any interest/comments concerning tiny Siggie FP Fu

Subject: Re: [OM] 240 MP? {was Any interest/comments concerning tiny Siggie FP Full frame mirrorless?]
From: Bill Pearce <billpearce@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2019 15:45:23 -0400 (EDT)

I also have Ctein's $20 demo print of what the Olympus Pen E-P1 and the Zuiko
45mm ƒ/1.8 lens can do with 12MP on a
small sensor. It's a spectacularly clear, sharp 17x22" (paper size) print.

Assuming that's the one that Mike Johnson sold, I have it too. It is
exceptional! The MP race should be declared over, as whatever excuse you need
to present is no longer valid.

I have several prints at 17x25 from shots made with my Nikon D3,also 12 MP, and
my Leica M9 at 18MP.. The one from the Nikon is superb and no one has ever said
that it's soft. The one from the Leica requires high level pixel peeping to see
a difference, but I'm convinced the slight difference I see is the result of
the different lenses, not the extra MP.

And how many of you shoot for billboards, and how much resolution is required?
I'm guessing electronic billboards need a bit more, but the paper kind are
still halftones, with dots the size of baseballs.I'm getting more and more
convinced that like my car, I will never need to again replace or upgrade my
cameras in my lifetime.