Re: [OM] OT: Facebook Outage

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Facebook Outage
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2019 06:38:39 +0200
Hear, hear. I feel exactly the same way. I have family on three continents and
friends on four. Thanks to FB, I can connect with the across all those time
zones on a much more deeper level than the letters and phone calls in the bad
old days. When I moved to the US from Denmark in 1983, my contact with my
parents was limited to a phone call once a week, which was a big luxury for a
graduate student back then, and of course the occasional letter. Today, with my
son in New Jersey, we chat on messenger almost daily, share pictures and
videos, and speak whenever we want, all without spending a cent.

Plus the people with whom I converse on FB, like Tina, George, numerous
others—I have not met them in person, but I feel that they are my friends
anyway.

You do not have to give FB personal info, you do not have to fall victim to the
stupid quizzes and other devices to harvest your data, and you do not have to
click on the ads. You can use it for its good sides, and I do that every day,
with great pleasure.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman